After making my own bread for so long I have gotten to where I can’t stand the packaged taste of most pre-made buns, so I decided to start making my own! This recipe makes giant, soft, fluffy, and delicious hamburger buns.
For The Buns:
- 3/4 to 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter for topping
- Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients until you have a smooth dough that is not sticky.
- Let rise until doubled in size, usually 1-2 hours.
- Deflate the dough and divide into 8 pieces.
- Form pieces into balls and the squish into discs 3-4 inches wide.
- Place dough discs onto a parchment lined baking sheet and let rise for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brush the tops of the buns with butter and sprinkle topping over if you want one.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
For the Everything Bagel Toping
- 2 parts poppy seeds
- 2 parts sesame seeds (black or white)
- 1 part minced dried garlic
- 1 part minced dried onion
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar and sprinkle on top of everything!