This is a super simple no knead bread recipe that I make a few times a week (okay, every day).
3 Cups Flour 2 Teaspoons (1 packet yeast)
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup (or other sweetener)
1/3-1 Cup Water
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Optional: Rough chopped garlic, herbs, cheese, go wild with whatever you want to add into your bread!
1) Combine flour, yeast, and salt. Stir until combined.**
2) If you want to add in garlic or anything else do it now and stir until dispersed in the flour mixture.
3) Add in the maple syrup and olive oil.**
4) Slowly add water starting with a 1/3 cup until all the dough comes together in a sticky blob and there is no dry flour on the sides of the bowl.
5) Cover and let rise in a warm area until doubled in size (usually 2 hours unless your house is freezing).
6) Preheat oven to 450 with dutch oven inside with the lid on.
7) Plop the sticky dough mess onto a well floured surface, scrape the bowl with a spatula if needed.
8) Fold the dough over on itself 2-3 times then transfer to parchment paper and form a ball, let rise while oven is pre-heating.
9) Place parchment paper with dough ball into the dutch oven, place the lid on and cook for 30 minutes. Remove lid and cook until top is golden brown, usually 15 minutes.
10) Now comes the hardest part, remove bread from the oven and let it cool down so it does not deflate when you cut it.
**If using a dry sweetener like sugar add with the other dry ingredients.